Monday, March 25, 2019

Frequently Asked Question

  • Q. Where can I get my identification card (ID) renewed?
    A. The Visitor Control Center handles all requests for ID card renewal and issue. To schedule an appointment please go to the RAPIDS Appointment Scheduler.

  • Q. What services can Fort A.P. Hill provide to retirees?
    A. Contact Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation at (804) 633-8702.

  • Q. Can the general public enter Fort A.P. Hill and what things are open to them?
    A. Fort A.P. Hill is open to individuals having business with the Department of the Army. Due to the military training taking place on post, members of the public could find themselves interfering with a military operation or exercise if they were to venture into certain areas of the post. Some recreational opportunities are available, though, to licensed permit holders and registered guests. These include hunting, fishing, and camping at the designated recreational campground. Training areas are strictly off-limits except for hunting and fishing, which is permitted only by special sign-in procedures. The Outdoor Recreation Center manages the campground. Telephone number is (804) 633-8244. To arrange a group tour (15 or more) contact the Public Affairs Office, Fort A.P. Hill, PO Box 1039, Bowling Green, VA 22427or call (804) 633-8120.

  • Q. Does Fort A.P. Hill conduct an Open House for the public?
    A. Yes, on special occasions.

  • Q. Can the public search for relics on Fort A.P. Hill?
    A. Any abandoned property found on the installation belongs to the United States (40 USC 310), and may not be taken by private persons. Additionally, the removal of archaeological resources on public lands is prohibited by Federal law. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

  • Q. How does a company get on a bidders list for Fort A.P. Hill contracts?
    A. Contact U.S. Army Mission and Installation Contracting Command.

  • Q. How can I get a speaker from Fort A.P. Hill for an upcoming event?
    A. Fort A.P. Hill can provide speakers for selected programs. The post has a work force experienced in a wide range of backgrounds and professions. To request a speaker, contact the Public Affairs Office at (804) 633-8120.

  • Q. Does Fort A.P. Hill have a Color Guard?
    A. Fort A.P. Hill does not have a color guard. We recommend contacting a local Reserve or National Guard Unit to see if they might have a color guard available. 

  • Q. How can a student obtain facts or other information about Fort A.P. Hill?
    A. The Fort A.P. Hill web site contains historical and current information about the installation. If additional information is needed, contact the Public Affairs Office at (804) 633-8120 or write Public Affairs Office, PO Box 1039 Fort A.P. Hill, Bowling Green, VA 22427-3114.

  • Q. What are Survivor Outreach Services and who do I contact for help? ┬áSurvivor Outreach Services is a holistic and multi-agency approach to delivering services to Survivors by providing services at the garrisons and communities closest to where Families live. SOS will allow the Army to better identify the needs of others touched by the loss of a Soldier.
    A. The Fort Lee the telephone number is 804-734-6446/6445. For Fort Belvoir the telephone number is 703-805-5487.

  • Q. What attractions/activities are on Fort A.P. Hill?
    A. The Fort A.P. Hill Family and Moral, Welfare and Recreation website offers a wide variety of information.
  • a

 iSalute    Mobile         Contact Us      FAQ       Security and Privacy Notice       Accessibility       DoD Web Policy